Although the summaries are written by me, these are my comments.
6. Clueless – Based on Jane Austen’s Emma, Cher enjoys fixing up couples…especially when it improves her grades! Except that not all couples she fixes up work out the ways she wants them to…starring Alicia Silverstone, Paul Rudd, and Brittany Murphy.So nineties…but very amusing…WHATEVER!***
7. Never Been Kissed – Drew Barrymore plays a 25-year-old newspaper reporter who has never been kissed. She’s looking to move forward with her career, and is given an assignment to go undercover as a high school student. Except that high school was a disaster for her the first time….will it be so bad this time? Despite cringe-worthy moments, good stuff. ****
8. What a Girl Wants – Amanda Bynes has lived with her mother in Chinatown for as long as she can remember, and never known her father. Upon turning 17 she goes in search of her aristocratic father (played by Colin Firth).Can I just say I really, really like Colin firth even though he’s like 30 years older than me? The guy who plays her BF is pretty cute too. ****
I don’t really talk about sewing on this blog…in the “About Me” part, I list it as one of my hobbies, but I don’t really talk about it. This is because when I learned to knit, knitting blogs were becoming big on the net. But I’ve been sewing since I was a little kid, and didn’t really assciate it with the web until knitting blogs started talking about sewing too.
Well, here’s what I’ve been sewing lately…
The bottom two are box bags from this tutorial and the top one is a small cosmetsics bag derived from the box bag tutorial. All of the fabrics are from my stash…the ice cream cones and cats were fat quarters, as was the lining to the cats bag.
3. Brokeback Mountain – two men’s lives are changed forever when they spend a summer herding sheep on Brokeback Mountain. The movie tells the story of their hidden love in a time and place where gay was not ok. Starring Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal. *****
4.Chicago – a woman murders her secret lover when she finds out that he’s just using her and he’s not going to make her into a star the way she wanted. Upon her arrest, she is given the opportunity to become famous. Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones. ***
5. Bridget Jones’ Diary – Bridget Jones looks for love among the Mark Darcys and Daniel Clevers of the World. Starring Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth, and Hugh Grant. ****
I didn’t mean to disappear from the blogosphere for so long! I guess I kind of got distracted…finishing up my first year of college (I passed Calc!) and then moving home for the summer (I SWEAR I’m not taking that much stuff to school next year. Seriously, it was RIDICULOUS.
In liau of picture of the knitting I’ve done/been doing, I present….
100 Great Movies
…a new feature, because I want to share, in no particular order, 100 movies I think are good. Some of them are better than others. They’re all rated out of five *****. But I like all of them. They’ll be here and there…whenever I think to post, basically. As of now, I haven’t got a full list of 100 movies…I’m at 95. So here we go.
- Pretty Woman – Edward (Richard Gere) gets more than he expected when he asks for directions from a Hollywood hooker named Vivian (Julia Roberts). Both of their lives are changed forever by Edward’s lack of navigational skills that lead him to hire Vivian. Edward is skillful at breaking up companies, but his skills with women leave something to be desired…until he hires Vivian for a week. (And boy, Richard Gere’s hair is so much darker on the movie poster!). CLASSIC romantic comedy. ****
- 10 Things I Hate About You – Based on Shakespeare’s “The Taming of the Shrew”, Patrick (Heath Ledger) is paid to win the heart of Kat (Julia Stiles), so that Cameron (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) can go out with her little sister (Larisa Olynik). Many, many good songs, including Heath Ledger singing “Can’t take my eyes off you”. Includes must-have elements of 90s teen movies: Partying, misunderstandings, and a dance. ****